How to Get One?

To obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN) card, you may apply in person at a Service Canada Centre, or through the mail via Canada Post. If you are applying for a newborn, you may also use the newborn registration service offered by the Government of Quebec.

For more information please consult the Service Canada website.

In Person

Please bring the appropriate documentation to a Service Canada Centre. If your information is in order, you will be able to obtain a temporary NAS that same day. Your official SIN card will arrive in the mail 10 business days later.

By Mail

Feel free to download the SIN application from our website or call is at 1-800-808-6352 (select option 3). Once completed, please submit the application, required documents, and correct payment to the following address:

Service Canada Bureau d’immatriculation aux assurances sociales
CP 7000
Bathurst NB
E2A 4T1